Solar Panels & Solar Panel Brackets
Solar Panels and Solar Panel Brackets are used in solar gate automation projects. Solar options are exceptionally useful where there is no electricity near the gate motor. It is most commonly used in rural applications. It is critical that in all circumstances the solar panel receives 100% full sun and is facing a northerly direction.
Please remember that for suburban gate motor installations, extra low voltage will often be easier, more economical and more reliable than solar installations.
Queensland Gate Automation offers two styles of solar panel brackets as per the photos provided:
- Aluminium support bar designed to be mounted to a post (post not provided)
- Heavier duty tubular bar on support stand. Can be mounted to a post or wall.
- Solar powered gate motor systems offer a convenient option where there is no electricity available. As long as the motor battery has sufficient charge the gate will operate normally.
- For 12V gate motors, Queensland Gate Automation recommends a minimum of a 12V x 40w solar panel together with a 12V 33ah battery.
- For 24V gate motors, Queensland Gate Automation recommends a 24V x 80W solar panel or 2 x 12V 40W solar panels wired in series to create 24V. These would also require 2 x 12V 33ah batteries.
- Please refer to the Queensland Gate YouTube video under the Downloads tab for more information on testing solar gate motor systems.
Important: All solar gate motor systems will only work correctly if the solar panel gets 100% full sun
|Rated Maximum Power
|Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc)
|Maximum Power Voltage (Vmp)
For any advice or enquiries we are only a phone call away. Our company is based on the Gold Coast and we service Australia wide.